Wednesday 17 November 2010

Experimenting With Different Types Of Animation

I spoke to a professional animator Trevor Jarvis about animation. He told me how to make a basic animation using the software Flash. On top of that I also asked him how to make an opening title on the software live type. I practiced how to create a character animation, background animation and digital drawings. Learning how to make an animation was every important to me as it will help me and my group to create our opening title for our film.

Character animation: I created a character animation of a person doing an activity. My animation featured a boy tossing a ball up in the air a few time. I used the software flash to create this. I found that creating a character animation was very difficult. I used the same technique used to create a motion animation while creating our character animation.

Background animation: I learnt how to create a background animation. This is when the background of the animation moves from one side of the screen to the other. Thus this creates the illusion that the main object in the animation is moving from one side to another.

Digital Drawing: Digital drawing helped us to draw realistic pictures using the computers. We used the software flash to do this. To create a realistic picture using flash you must:

1. Get an image from google and save it in documents.

2. Then go to the flash App, click on file and then import image on to layer 1.

3. Lock layer 1.

4. Create a new layer (layer 2)

5. Zoom in to your image, then using the brush tool go over the black line of your imported picture.

Opening title: I used the software live type and experimented with the features of this software so that I can familiarise on how to use it. This activity was very important as I learnt what software our group will be using to create our opening title and the types of features the software has.

No comments:

Post a Comment